Was Dec. 21, 2012, Mayan April Fool’s Day? Just one of the many internet jokes addressing the End of the World, but as it turns out, it was just the re-setting of the Mayan calendar (apparently). Look out your window, is it the same, and if so, is it ripe for a change?
What one thing can you change? Often, when you change something about yourself, others respond differently to you.
Because you are different.
What are you welcoming into your life? What is asking to come in?
If you need some help in figuring this out, go ahead and call us. In the meantime, here are 5 stress reduction tips.
1. Breathe. That’s it. Just breathe. Deeply, calmly, mindfully, which means being aware of the breath. Listen to the sound as you breathe in through your nose …. And slowly let the breath out your mouth. Be the breath.
2. If you don’t want to watch your breath, watch anything. Pay close attention to a power outlet or a picture on the wall. Anything that has no negative meaning for you. And breathe.
3. When you’re overwhelmed, does it feel like getting dunked by an ocean wave? And here comes another one! Remember the last time you were at the beach, watching the waves come in, different sizes, maybe straight on, maybe diagonally, and they went back out. Every time. Take those waves one at a time. The others will be there.
4. Say yes. Yes to offers of help, yes to new ideas, yes to “me-time.”
5. Sit straight, shoulders back, lift the corners of your mouth, look up.